Skip to main content

Children are all foreigners.


From last weekend, you can see a still hairy Henry, with an increasingly scrappy Ezra, both enjoying the mess that they have made of the lounge room.

Here, they are re-enacting the Second Punic War, with Henry taking the role of Hannibal, and Ezra the role of Scipio (that would be Scipio Africanus).

It did not result in a cleaner house.

Comments

Priyanka Khot said…
Oh so cute...

I had once given a toddler, living in my neighbourhood a packet of colour pencils. Their walls were never the same. :D I so have this strong urge to send a couple of packs to your place right now.
yamini said…
You should do that Priyanka, at an earliest :-)

Thank You Kris for putting up such wonderful photographs of the boys. Each one of them is a gem, really.
Sarah said…
They are very lovely!
Seems babies are from another planet or even another world! innocent but shrewd!!
Sue said…
What sweet babies! Enjoy! They grow up too fast!
Roddy said…
I at first thought a cyclone had been through. I then read the post. Marvelous how destructive children can be. Good thing parents can put things right.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, Ezra has been drawing on the tiles in the kitchen.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, they're set for pencils, thank you.
Kris McCracken said…
Sarah, VERY shrewd.
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, it is a cruel truth.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, they are a cyclone and tsunami all rolled into one.
Leif Hagen said…
Your living room seems clean in comparison! Three "darling" daughters - I'm blessed!
Kris McCracken said…
Leif, it is the sticky fingers on the carpet that most troubles me.
lizziviggi said…
What beautiful boys! If you lived closer, though, I could send my girls over and they'd show you what a REAL mess looks like!
Hi! Kris,
When your sons play...they look like they "hold no bar, but I think all children play in the same manner. (especially, little boys)
By the way, who pick-up after your sons? Mum?!? (Jen) or you?!?

Take care!
DeeDee ;-D
Kris McCracken said…
Lizziviggi, Ez has taken to rubbing food into the carpet.
Kris McCracken said…
DeeDee, we all spend much of our day picking up.

Henry isn't bad at picking up really. He just also happens to be good at making a mess.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary