Skip to main content

Conquer thyself. Till thou hast done that, thou art a slave; for it is almost as well to be in subjection to another's appetite as thine own.


He's hungry, and he's headed your way.

Be very, very careful.

Comments

Roddy said…
The eyes have it. What a stunning picture. This kid is going places.
Natalie said…
Look at those wrists! I loved when my kids' wrists were chubby like that. So cute!
Sarah said…
A hungry man!? He looks so grandeur!
Lessie said…
Those eyes are amazing! Just beautiful!
Melody Ann Ross said…
Thank you for your nice comment yesterday Kris! Your kiddo is certainly stunning... those beautiful eyes!!
Lowell said…
What a cutie. And you're right; a hungry kid is nothing to mess with!

I've not seen your blog before, so thanks for stopping at The Villages DP!

I'll be back here often.

Regarding the legality of golf cars in the street, see my response to Clueless in Boston.

Have a great day.

You are quite a poet, yourself...I enjoyed your descriptions of the photos as much as the photos themselves!
yamini said…
He looks anything but scary.
Hi Ez, how'ya doin?
Baino said…
Haha there's a man on a mission alright. I wish my 'kids' were as happy to be photographed on a daily basis . .then they're 22 and 24 so a little more reluctant unless it's a facbook photo!
Priyanka Khot said…
I love those cheeks... I ask again!!!

HOW DO YOU GET ANYTHING DONE, WITH SUCH PULL-ABLE CHEEKS AROUND
Kris McCracken said…
Natalie, I miss Henry’s chubbiness already. He’s all lean and lithe now.
Kris McCracken said…
Sarah, he’s always hungry.
Kris McCracken said…
Lessie, he’s blessed.
Kris McCracken said…
Cast in the name of god, ye not guilty, that is some tag!
Kris McCracken said…
Jacob, I just talk lots of rubbish really...
Kris McCracken said…
Yamani, he’s terrifying.
Kris McCracken said…
Baino, mine haven’t logged onto Facebook yet.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka Khot, I kiss them instead.
Kitty said…
lol, what an expression.
Kris McCracken said…
Kitty, he does this excellent "throws head back in a state of utter despair" too.

I blame Henry.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary