Thursday, April 01, 2010

When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.


Thursday morning, seven hundred hours. The job is at hand: hop in the kayak, nip down to the Antarctic, a spell on the Wurlitzer, harass some randy Great Whites, brave the huge swells of the Southern Ocean, nibble on some blubber, chuck some rocks at the penguins, string up a couple of tennis racquets, sing a couple of show tunes, evade some icebergs, ponder the fate of Schrödinger's cat, zig-zag through the squalls, step aside for a quick shandy, head back up the Derwent, and in to work!

Are you up for it, or are you YELLOW?

Theme Thursday. Like Theme Tuesday, only on Thursday.

23 comments:

Tina said...

This is my first Theme Thursday and your post is really quirky! Great pic.

The Clean White Page

Brian Miller said...

oh i am in...when do we leave?

Kris said...

Tina, quirky?

Never!

Kris said...

Brian, every weekday morning!

Nanc Twop said...

Sure, lets go - we could see where they hide all those (frozen?) Ants in the Antarctic. ;-)

Kris said...

Nanc, angry ants.

Magpie said...

Sorry...I'm yellow. :(

Kris said...

Magpie, and lily-livered?

Babzy said...

the image is really impressive , very good shot !

Tom said...

you're not leaving any time for a nap--i'm staying with Schrödinger's cat.

Everyday Goddess said...

I'm glad you are not Yellow. My sense of real life adventure is so lame these days.

Nice to meet you from the theme thursday group!

Baino said...

Gorgeous photos such a crisp morning. I can barely stand up at dawn let alone Kyak along the Derwent! Then my closest river is the Parramatta river and that really is 'yellow'.

Kris said...

Babzy, cheers!

Kris said...

Tom, we'll sleep when we're dead!

Kris said...

EG, I'm only yellow when it comes to girls.

Kris said...

Baino, it does remind one of urine, I'll grant you that.

Ziva said...

I'm yellow, but I think it's a liver problem. I'm totally up for Theme Thursday.

Kris said...

Ziva, my grandmother was quite yellow just before she died. Of course, we weren't supposed to laugh...

PattiKen said...

Well, you certainly don't lead a boring life. And wow, that is a great picture.

Mine is here.

jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com said...

lovely plan,
where my ticket?

Happy Easter!

jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/lets-double-thursday-fun/

hope that you like mine!

Kris said...

PattiKen, it is mundane to the extreme.

Kris said...

Jingley, good stuff.