Sunday, February 26, 2012

Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.


A shed. Iveresk Railyards, Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery. Launceston. February 2012.

There's nothin' short of dyin', half as lonesome as the sound, on the sleepin' city sidewalks: Sunday mornin' comin' down.

Comin' down from all day stuck in the garden landscaping the bugger, that is. 38 degrees Celsius. I've obviously offended someone in a past life...

Which leads me to today's Sunday Top Five: My Top Five People Named Henry!

  • Henry [Fitzgerald] McCracken. You might know this bloke...

  • Henry [Joy] McCracken. Not to be confused with that [above] bloke...

  • Henry David Thoreau. Civil disobedience bloke...

  • Henry Every. King of Pirates bloke...

  • Henry Miller. Pervert bloke in Paris...
  • 2 comments:

    smudgeon said...

    That's an interesting list of Henries. #2 any relative?

    I wish my parents had taken a bit more care naming me - I got the captain & BoG from the 1979 grand final...which is great, because I'm not really a football fan.

    Carola said...

    Yes, an interesting list.
    That's a great quote. And a perfect combination with that b&w shot.