Sunday, June 03, 2012

Comedy always works best when it is mean-spirited.



A race from the end of last summer. Long Beach, Sandy Bay. February 2012.

I catch the bus to and from work each day, and am therefore exposed to many of the horrors of modern top ten charting pop hits, as the local bus company appear to have all radio dials soldered in to commercial FM stations. The endless shit parade of Auto-Tune atrocities does make one want to weep, especially if you're keen a nice vocal track here and there. Thus, for today's Sunday Top Five Six, I revisit some of my favourites from Berry Gordy's Motown label. Now, I'm not claiming this as a definitive list by any stretch, but these songs offer sustenance to my ears after another abominable 'tune' that's been processed to within an inch of it's life on GarageBand or some such...

Thus, I present to you My Top Five Six Motown Remedies In The Event That I Hear That Incredibly Bad Tik-Tok Song (Or One Of Seemingly Fourteen-Thousand Like It)!

3 comments:

Roddy said...

I don't see you out there, so I guess you haven't got your canoe yet.

Kris said...

I've no time for canoes at the moment.

Roddy said...

I've got no time for life either. However, I get on with it.