Skip to main content

I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far.




Ezra and I (in shadow). Geilston Bay Road, Geilston Bay. April 2013.

This week sees me stealing another series from Sunday Stealing: The Meme From Memphis (part two).

Have any memories that you’d like to forget?
One or two.

Is there someone you really like to hang out with and just talk about stuff?
There's a couple.

Have you ever been called prince or princess?
Only in jest.

Do you think teenagers are weird?
No weirder than anyone else.

How fast does your mood change?
It has been known to turn on a five cent coin.

How are you feeling?
Pretty ordinary.

Do you want someone to call you right now?
Not particularly.

What do you always take with you?
A camera.

Is your bed comfortable?
Indeed it is!

Would you say you’re an understanding person?
I am capable of great understanding, but do have a firm sense of right and wrong.

Are you generally a happy person?
I make some effort to be. I think that I've been at my happiest over the past couple of years.

Who’s in your facebook profile picture with you?
Hang on... [Loads it up.] Ezra.

Were you single on Valentine’s Day?
No.

What is the last movie you watched?
I watched Batteries Not Included with the kids.

Do you listen to songs when you’re done?
Done what? I like to listen to music while doing the household chores, not afterwards...

How long does it take you to fall asleep at night?
An ever decreasing amount of time!

Are you talkative?
If you get me started I am.

What are your St. Patty's day plans?
We don't really do that around these parts. Or at least we don't in my circles...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary