Skip to main content

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.


Ducks! Geilston Bay. September 2013.

Guess what? The Massive Alphabet Meme, part two!

The Letter N

Do you have a nickname?

I have many nicknames.

What is your favourite number?

Number seven (7).

Do you prefer night or day?

Morning!


The Letter O

What is your one wish?

To be left alone.

Are you an only child?

No, I am not.

Do you wish this year was over?

Not in the slightest. It’s only just staring to warm up!


The Letter P

What is one fear that you are most paranoid about?

I’ve no particular fear that I would describe as paranoia. One does worry about the health and wellbeing of Henry and Ezra, but they’re travelling fine.

What personality trait would you look for in someone you wanted to date?

I’m not looking for anyone at the moment. I’ll let you know if I change my mind.


The Letter Q

Are you quick to judge people?

Not really. I am a believer in first impressions though.


The Letter R

Do you think you are always right?

Only when I’m right.

Do you watch reality T.V.?

I can l=think of little worse than ‘reality’ TV.

What is a good reason to cry?

Being eaten by a shark or crocodile wouldn’t be very nice.


The Letter S

Do you prefer sun or rain?

Sun sun sun!

Do you like snow?

I do like snow, but only the nice clean white snow as seen on sunny days with blue skies.

What is your favourite season?

It’s a difficult question, but the older I get, Summer does stand out more.


The Letter T

What time is it?

8:42 am.

What time did you wake up?

A sleep in today: 5:24 am.

When was the last time you slept in a tent?

Too long ago to even remember. I think that it was some time in 1995.


The Letter U

Are you wearing underwear?

Today I am.

Do you open your eyes when under water?

Of course I do! It’s hard to see anything with your eyes closed.


The Letter V

What is the worst veggie?

That’s not a fair question. Anything over boiled is ordinary.

Where do you want to go on vacation?

Somewhere warm and quiet.

What was your last family vacation together?

We went to Boat Harbour, on the sunny Tasmanian Riviera.


The Letter W

What is your worst habit?

I can perhaps be a little too clinical and disregarding of other people’s feelings when discussing a problem.

Where do you live?

Tasmania, which Wikipedia describes as “an island state, part of the Commonwealth of Australia, located 240 kilometres (150 mi) to the south of the Australian continent, separated by Bass Strait.” For completists, Tasmania is the 26th largest island in the world.


The Letter X

Have you ever had an X-ray?

I’ve had a few.

Have you ever seen the X-Games?

I’m not even sure I’ve heard of them. Do you mean the XXX-Games?

Do you own or have you ever played a xylophone?

We’ve had a few xylophones over the years. I can bang out a tune.


The Letter Y

Do you like the colour yellow?

I do like the colour yellow.

What year were you born in?

The year MCMLXXVII.

What do you yearn for most?

Peace and quiet.


The Letter Z

What is your Zodiac Sign?

Taurus. Which is represented by an uncastrated male bovine animal.

Do you believe in the Zodiac?

Not in the slightest.

What is your favourite zoo animal?

That’s a hard question. Anything very different to what I know is always interesting. I found the Kodiak Bears fascinating the last time we went. Such huge paws!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary