Skip to main content

Humour can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind

Another little video today, featuring you-know-who.

Henry unfortunately appears to have developed a very French sense of humour. Farts, burps and (especially) falling over have now in our house reached giddying heights of hilarity. Combine this with a newly developed ability to count to three (yes THREE), and we have a real little Louis de Funès in the house.

The new game involves counting to three, and then falling over in the manner of someone recently shot by a ruthless villain. We then repeat this approximately three thousand times.

In order to prevent serious injury, you will note that I have positioned a number of pillows for the budding comic genius to break his fall. Of course, this does not always work, as his aim is shoddy. Thus, we have had our fair share of tears. Indeed, I considered posting one of those videos, but I am saving that up for the grand prize on Australia’s Funniest Home Videos (or, as I like to call it, ‘People getting seriously hurt and occasionally winning a television’). Despite the tears (which I consider cathartic for a young man); we usually calm him down, and recommence falling over. And over. And over. And over.

I think that you get the drift. To the video:

Comments

blackie said…
redfesure it just looks like good old fun, but I know what is really going on -this is training for a future with the bombers, isn't it? Fine, just so long as you realise the pillows will have to be removed at some stage if he is going to make it to the big league.
blackie said…
don't ask me what redfesure is either
freefalling said…
I distinctly saw Henry say that he did NOT want to do it again.
For the gratification of whom (how's my grammar?) is Henry developing acquired brain injury!??!!
Kris McCracken said…
Freefalling, unfortunately Henry's default response to everything at the moment is "no". Often quite forcefully. This is great fun when you offer (for example), a piece of ham to which he shakes his head and screeched "NOOOOO!" and waves his fists about. You then put your hands up and say "okay then, you don't have to have it" to which he begins to wail "MOOORRRREEEEE!" and throw himself at you feet begging for the ham. They can be a delight.

Blackie, I looked it up.

redfesure
archaic adjective

From Middle English reddfessure, from Anglo-French, perhaps from Vulgar Latin redsigaris, alteration of Latin redomitus "tamed again".
fourteenth century

1 : to control a wild beast
2 : to confirm control
3 : characterised by the domestication of a previously out of control animal

Moreover, if I were sure that Child and Family Services were out of the way, I'd post the video where I am saying "Henry take two steps back mate you'll land of your face", only to see him giggle, collapse and land right on his face. It is very funny.

He's a brave boy. He'll make to the big leagues.
blackie said…
who knew a typo could be so pertinent

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut