Skip to main content

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece


This photograph is of my favourite youngest son, Ezra. when taking this, I had in mind Jürgen Vollmer’s iconic portraits of a very young pop group called the Beatles in Hamburg. I know that the whole light/dark effect on the face is clichéd, but it’s only clichéd because it looks cool. One day I may get around to scanning some of my old prints of dozens and dozens of stuffed toys photographed in this style. I don’t think that they be nearly as lovely as this though.

Comments

Miles McClagan said…
I'm glad it'll be stuffed toys, no matter how well I set up the picture, I don't think I could set up a dramatic portrait of my Ju Jitsu Heman figure...
EG CameraGirl said…
Ezra looks very serious in this photo. I think he has you figured out, Kris! ;-)
Anonymous said…
Could ANYTHING be as lovely as this? :)
alice said…
Thank you for visiting Arradon DP and taking the time to comment! I've had a link about standing stones, in French but with many photos.
Your sons are fabulous!
sam said…
how delightful! pouting like a supermodel already!
USelaine said…
He loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Anonymous said…
Wow. This one is really nice. I like everything about it. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog today.
EG CameraGirl said…
Kris,
To answer the question you left on my blog:

Poison ivy itches like crazy. (Unfortunately I know this from personal experience.) But it has never hurt me. Someone else might have a different story though.

Hmmm. No poison ivy in Tasmania, eh? You have no idea what you've missed. ;-)
Anonymous said…
OMG he looks so serious!!
Cute baby and nice portrait.
Laurie Allee said…
Ezra has such soulful eyes! I love this photo -- and all of your children's portaits. You capture the boys so beautifully.
Danial Bigham said…
I like baby.When baby is small it's delicious.
Kris McCracken said…
Miles McClagan, good old He-Man, the most homoerotic dolly in history.

Your EG Tour Guide, he had me figured the second he stepped foot outside!

Lessie, I can’t think of it!
Kris McCracken said…
Miles, good old He-Man, the most homoerotic dolly in history!

Your EG Tour Guide, he had me figured the second he stepped foot outside!

Lessie, if there is, I can’t think of it!
Kris McCracken said…
Boise Diva, he says “Hello Boise!

Alice, they are pretty cool. I think that they’d like Arradon.

Sam, with the attitude to boot!
Kris McCracken said…
USelaine, and with a love like that, you know that can’t be bad.

Abe, I’m a regular around Ohio.

Your EG Tour Guide, I’m glad that we don’t have it here. I wonder how many amorous young couples have gotten more than they bargained for after a romp in the woods!
Kris McCracken said…
M. Isabel Guerra, a very serious young man indeed.

Laurie, when they sit still I do!

Danial, we haven’t tasted him yet, but he smells nice!