Skip to main content

Give freely to him that deserveth well, and asketh nothing: and that is a way of giving to thyself.


So this is Christmas, and what have you done?

Quite a bit, actually! Pressies been handed out and all wrapping, boxes and packaging has been scooped up before they can present a problem for the tidy-inclined (I had a process that worked out beautifully, thank you very much.

Shifting all the food preperations to Christmas Eve emerged as a masterstroke, as the timing for an early feast of turkey (rolled in ham) and a mountain of veggies, followed by a HUGE vat of homemade chocolate mousse was all completed in a timely fashion to accomodate all the sleeping needs of both kidlets (not to mention the proud parents).

The gift choices also seemed to be a winner, even the Frankenstein-ish concoction of Marino, Silk and Possum that I took a punt on. Very pricey, but the meterage has to be seen to be believed. [How they get these beasties to mate with each other really must be a sight. I can find nothing on YouTube...]

Henry elected himself chief present-opener, and showed excellent form. I am pleased this his keeness to tear more wrapping off meant that he had little problem with actually handing the gift over to its intended reciepient.

Ezra's form was a little patchy. I thought that a four A.M. start was a little unecessary, but then again he did have some decent naps and held it together for the most part. Not a bad effort for a bloke with two new teeth in the past couple of days.

And I got a new camera. As soon as that battery charges, I'll take some snaps and test it out!

I hope that all of your Christmas Days out there in the wider world went as smoothly, and if it wasn't quite as laid back, that it was of your choosing.

Merry Christmas people.

Comments

Unknown said…
Christmas is Always Magical... I hope yours went well!!!!
Lynette said…
Thanks for your visits and comments! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Miles McClagan said…
I ended up opening all my presents in a 1am rum and Royle Family fuelled fit...tops, meant Xmas day has really been un-necessary...

Merry Xmas
KAkNA said…
Thanks for your wishes Kris, and Merry Christmas to you and the family too! Can't to see the pictures you'll be taking with your new cam...
Sue said…
Christmas day/night continues for us...there are many inebriated young men and women partying on in the backyard. Mumsy is sitting in the dark playing on the computer.
We have had a wonderful day. Everyone got just what they wanted (present-wise)and the food was lovely, the weather was fantastic and the company was superb!
All in all, a successful Yuletide!
You sound like you had a great day too!
I may just wander out now and have a go on Zac's new XBox...or perhaps I will share a convivial ale with the young adults. They sound like they are having fun outside...
crittoria said…
Sounds like a wonderful holiday!
Kris McCracken said…
Still X-mas. I should have left this task so long!

Miles, I must get back to the Royles, haven't watched them in YEARS.

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut