Skip to main content

Look eye! Always look eye!


Apparently, this post is number 805, which means that this blog celebrated post number 800 without ceremony. Fair enough, I am never one to blow my own trumpet (and lord haven't I tried).

I will admit that it is quite an achievement (the blog, that is, although the ability to blow one's own trumpet surpasses it by some margin). When I started, I only had one son! Now I have two! That's double the amount of children! Amazing.

Here is the Ezmeister showcasing his excellent grasping skills. Whether it is a hoop earring, mum's knitting, a fly (with chopsticks), or an exposed nipple, you can be guaranteed that Ez will get it in one.

Just the other day, Ez and I were down the pub shootin' pool, bustin' each other's balls and whatever it is that red blooded, hot headed studs do when they're on the piss. The little bloke had just put a two dollar coin into the jukebox, selecting the Ting Tings' hit That's Not My Name, when in walks this chubby dude with a ponytail, decked out in a really, really poorly chosen outfit.

So this guy was talkin' crap, and somehow managed to get the music switched from the Ting Tings to Kid Rock's anaemic, MoR rehash mash up of all the worst bits of Warren Zevon and Lynard Skynard's mega hits. To add insult to injury, his gyrating and grinding attempt at dancing (and at impressing the busty barmaid), resulted in an intentional bump on Ez right as he was set to clean up a big pot, spilling his pint in the process.

As a man of great honour, Ez shot him a glare and demanded "satisfaction", and this fat dude starts waving his arms around like he's Ralph Macchio painting a pagoda or something. Quick as a flash (actually, he was quicker), Ez has somehow gripped both of this guy's ears, pulled them down, and tied them to the leather tassels on his faux-suede boots.

As we leave (to avoid any more of a scene), I managed to overhear one of the patrons at the bar expound in awe, "that dude with the little basketball head has only gone and whip Steven Seagal's arse!"

Just another day in the hood.

Comments

Priyanka Khot said…
I loved the fight, racier than any account I read before... and I live in Delhi, where road rage and street fighting is a way of living. Glad lil Ezra came out like a blue-blooded stud. :)


P.S: I have presented you with an award, please come by my blog to pick it up.
blackie said…
I would whoop someone's azz for bad fashion. I almost came to blows in Battery Point yesterday with someone wearing one of those 'hair hats' from salamanca market. Honestly, some people have no consideration for the fact that I don't like ugly stuff.

800...cor.
Kris McCracken said…
Priyanka, it was quite scary. Thank you for the award. I promise that I will do a post on it as soon as I have some clear water!

Blackie, god, people actually buy those hair hats? People can be stupid. That said, the haircuts on some people these days, not even cut straight...

800 = a lot of talking crap.

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut