Skip to main content

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.


Problems with the InterTubes last night - a slow, tortuous exercise that bought back unhappy memories of dial up - meant that my usual nightly post of one of my offspring wasn't going to happen with the kind of patience unavailable to me after a week of work.

Thus, you get this six week old shot of Ez looking like a Belarussian chef preparing calves tongue in 1976.

Enjoy!

Comments

Frank said…
I find calf tongue way too much like chewing my own tongue after a visit to the dentist. Belorussian? 1976? you have an amazing imagination.
Tash said…
I am enjoying! How cool is that stove and of course the chef is incomprable.
Sarah said…
Ooops, I can not see your this post's photo! some of blogspot servers are banned in Iran. I do not know what was our sin that we should stand such behavior in Iran?!
Dina said…
Sweet Ez.

Really. Last night I finally logged off and went to bed, after getting some weird "Sorry" notice from Google every time I tried to connect to a blog.
This morning I read about the problem in the news.
Roddy said…
If Ezra is to be the chef de la cuisine, then he can present calf tongues any way he wishes.
yamini said…
Cute chef!!!
Kris McCracken said…
Frank, I am a fan of Belarus. I can’t help myself, I blame the Draniki.
Kris McCracken said…
Tash, the stove was Henry’s birthday present last year, and has proven a winner.
Kris McCracken said…
Sarah, I can see why the state would want to ban Ezra. He is a strong supporter of Shirin Ebadi. Maybe that has put him on the outer?
Kris McCracken said…
Dina, it has spread to Israel! I think that his relationship with Yariv Oppenheimer has caused some tension.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, he likes it raw...
Kris McCracken said…
yamini, terribly cute,
Sarah said…
Oh, cute Ez, I can see you now with proxy! Thank you for your good support! ;)
Kris McCracken said…
Sarah, I am glad that Ezra is coming through!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary