Skip to main content

A politician is a person with whose politics you don't agree; if you agree with him he's a statesman.


Here is Ez, bunkering down in a wooden hut at the base of Mount Everest. He's decided to bite the bullet, throw caution to the wind and exercise his new found enthusiasm for climbing and follow in the footsteps of Hillary, only this time sans Sherpas!

In a somewhat amusing anecdote, Ezra actually confused the notion of a Sherpa with sherbet, and actually ate a half dozen when he arrived in Nepal.

We laughed like drains.

Of course, we upset the locals and quickly had to leave the country.

Everest will have to wait.

Comments

Roddy said…
Obviously you made Nepal in the summer as I notice greenery through the crack in the hut. I wish the new conqueror of the mountain all the best of luck.
yamini said…
V.V.V.V nice picture Kris.

I am sorry to hear about the aborted attempt at scaling Everest.
Nevertheless, Ez will surely climb up the summit one day.

All we would then want is a photograph of Ez standing at the peak.
tony said…
come and collect an award on my blog!
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, Ezra takes the sunshine with him in his smile...

[That kind of wordsmithing is how you pick up the chicks.]
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, I do have a few of him standing.
Kris McCracken said…
Tony, well I never!

Is there a big cash prize?

A fancy ceremony?

Are you covering airfares?

;)
Roddy said…
I thought Henry was to be the chick magnet. Ezra the debonair sophisticate. Heaven help any women that come within cooee of either.
Priyanka Khot said…
You all went to Everest without stopping in Delhi!

I am not too happy with that...

Hope that Ez one day does climb the peak (if he wants to that is) so that i can boast about knowing the Aussie lad who climbed Everest!
Roddy said…
I do realise that the sun rises and sets on my grandchildren every day. Extolling their virtues is my one pleasure in life. Don't worry, I also put in a good word for my children.
Kris McCracken said…
Roddy, you make them sound like the British Empire.
Roddy said…
Australasia, thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary