Tuesday, August 18, 2009

You can never do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.


Here you can see a damp Henry with a dry Jennifer reading Sleepy Time Olie, featuring the famous robot "Rolie Polie Olie". Now, I quite like Sleepy Time Olie, as it affords a great wind down into bed time through the course of what is admittedly a gripping text (I won't spoil it for you).

The thing is though, in order for the text to properly scan, I have to affect a slight Maine accent. How I have managed to pick up the accent of an east Bangor primary school teacher, I am not sure. I think that it must have something to do with a Stephen King book or two...

10 comments:

Roddy said...

Is this big boy sleeping in that big boy bed yet?
Don't those toes look tickleable.

Valerie said...

Oh those eyes, Henry will Wow the girls when he grows up.

Sarah said...

How soon it will be too late! This is a poem by an Iranian poen "Gheysar Amin Pour" who died last year. Love it...

Sarah said...

* poet! :)

yamini said...

I second Valerie's comment. :-))

But Valerie, he is already doing that. Can't imagine what he would do when he actually grows up :-))

Kris said...

Roddy, no.

Valerie, he tries it on....

Sarah, is it ever too late?

Yamini, he has had a few nibbles on his hook.

yamini said...

I like the phrase "nibbles on his hook"!!!!

Kris said...

And it isn't a euphemism.

yamini said...

I thought so.

Kris said...

Hurrah!