Skip to main content

He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.


Last year Elmo made a surprise appearance at Henry's birthday party, then we cut him up and ate him.

Yesterday, the party was stormed by a crocodile!

Brave soul that he is, Henry tackled the wee beastie and subdued the bugger, before carving him up and offering his delicious - and strangely banana-flavoured - flesh to all and sundry.

Video at twelve!

Comments

Roddy said…
He didn't look all that scary from where I stood.
Perhaps the banana flavour came from all the monkeys he possibly ate, do you think?
Sue said…
What can't the talented Jen do? I am in awe!!!
I have been known to buy cakes and pop them on a paper plate with glad wrap and pretend I made them for the cake stall at school!!! hehehe
jen said…
No, not me. This is Kris' handiwork. It looked great!
Kris McCracken said…
Sue, now I feel slighted. That's my work there!

BAH!
Kris McCracken said…
Jen, well, you did assist in the problem with the head.
yamini said…
The cake looks awesome Kris and you are one talented man who knows it all. I am really impressed.
I am sure Henry must have enjoyed his day at the table.
Luv to him and Ezra.
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, and there is a video too!
Unknown said…
Wow! Brilliant! I want a slice!
Kris McCracken said…
Uncertainhorizon, it passed the three-year-old's identification test, and that is what I was aiming for!
Sue said…
Indeed!!! Now I am REALLY in awe!!!
Sorry Kris for assuming that it was only a female that could make such a glorious work of art! I dips me lid to you!

And I still think you are extremely talented Jen.
Kris McCracken said…
I'm the cook in our household. Jen is the knitter and breastfeeder.
yamini said…
I forgot to ask. What did u use to make the eyes and teeth of the croc cake?
Jackie said…
That is just the best cake!
Kris McCracken said…
Yamini, the eyes are marshmallows, with the ends of black jelly beans for pupils.

The teeth are quartered white jelly beans. The claws halved black jelly beans and the spikes on the back are trimmed spearmint leaves (lollies, not the real thing).
Kris McCracken said…
Jackie, the best? I'm not sure.

Better than my Elmo cake last year though!
yamini said…
You are a GENIUS!!!!!

I guessed marshmallows but wasnt sure about other ""body parts"",
;-)
Kris McCracken said…
Jelly beans are versatile things.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary