Friday, November 20, 2009

Advice to writers: Sometimes you just have to stop writing. Even before you begin.


The past two weeks has seen a combination of drilling, jackhammering, blasting, digging, more jackhammering, more blasting, more digging right outside my office window. At first I thought that it was an innovative art display, but when the blokes stopped for a smoke and to display a genrous amount of arse crack to passing tourists, I was convinced that they were genuine, dinky di, ridgy didge, legit Aussie workers.

4 comments:

Roddy said...

Generous of them to share their experience with you.
For a moment I thought this was the old Myer site.

Kris said...

I enjoy the blasting particularly. As did the Vietnam vet in the office!

Sue said...

This is a great photo, Kris. I sympathise with you totally. Our school is being demolished at the minute and the noise can be excruciating at times. I was trying to write reports this afternoon and needless to say....I have brought them home to do this weekend.
Your poor Viet Vet would have thought he was back at Long Tan!!??

Kris said...

He still has the shakes, days later...