Sunday, November 29, 2009

The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.


Here is a shot atop Mount Wellington, looking west-nor'-west over the rather barren scenery. The harsh weather up there keeps a lid on most plant life, with small, hardy shrubs and mosses dominating. It gets rather wild and windy up there, and as noted earlier this year, it gets snow all year round.

Time for Sunday Top Five!

Today I am considering the Top Five Ten Tracks of the Noughties! Thus, in no particular order and without doing a lot of thinking, here you are:
Regina Spektor, Us

Sufjan Stevens, Chicago

The Shins, New Slang

The Hives, Hate To Say I Told You So

Wilco, Hummingbird

Franz Ferdinand, Take Me Out

Outkast, Hey Ya!

Beyonce, Crazy in Love

Alicia Keys, No One

Wilco, Heavy Metal Drummer

4 comments:

Roddy said...

Is this still part of the year? I don't see much snow.

me said...

I'll support Hey Ya!

Nothing makes 5 minutes stuck in a car with loved ones (or anyone) more bearable than that song...

Kris said...

Roddy, durr!

Kris said...

Me, my kids love Hey Ya! Guaranteed to get them both twirling and jumping around the room. A ringing endorsement to a song, in my book.