Thursday, November 05, 2009

Knowledge only means complicity in guilt; ignorance has a certain dignity.


These seagulls were photographed down by Bellerive beach, right next to the local cricket ground.

A man’s home is his CASTLE, they say. I am wondering if that holds for seagulls.

It is pure speculation of course, but I believe that these seagulls’ CASTLE is the magnificent Bellerive Oval, home of the lacklustre insipid mighty Tasmanian Tigers cricket team!

It’s Theme Thursday you see, and we are talking CASTLEs.

Unfortunately, we have a severe shortage of CASTLEs, knights, princesses and all that rigmarole here in Tasmania, and even the illustrious Bellerive Oval - home of the 2006–07 Pura CupSheffield Shield winners [and now with added floodlights] - is about as impenetrable as Madonna’s knickers [zing!].

Thus, you get another photo of some seagulls, some nonsense about cricket and a lamereally funny joke at Madonna's expense.

I call that a win-win.

16 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ever enlightening and well worth the chuckle...seagulls leave behind a lot of stuff...

Skip Simpson said...

The "castle of the seagulls" is the beautiful, wide open sky. Nice TT Post!

JeffScape said...

Seagull Castle, eh? I'd imagine that would be rather large... and ladened with seagull droppings!

Love the photography, as always.

Mar said...

Love your take on the theme and the picture!!
Here is my castle...!

Anonymous said...

They have been desperately poor so far this season. Not even first innings points!

Nice birds.

Ronda Laveen said...

Madonna's Knickers? Is that another Tasmanian cricket team? Oh, holey days.

Roddy said...

Have you tried the lovely new castle on the highway at Latrobe? Looks a bit spiffy from a distance.

Poetikat said...

Win-win, indeed.

I'll take the seagulls; you can have Madonna.

Someone should name a sports team after seagulls, I think.

Dot-Com said...

If there is a shortage of castles, you better get to the beach and start building! I know those castles disappear every night in the sea, but better than no castles, right?

e said...

I loved your take here. Happy TT to you.

Wings said...

Never know what to expect when I come here.

:)

CatLadyLarew said...

The seagulls on the utility pole emulate the castle theme quite nicely!

Betsy said...

I thought Ohio was like Tasmania....castle-less...but someone actually posted about a castle here in Ohio today! I've lived her for decades and never knew! ha!

Seagulls are lovely no matter where they live!

Marianna said...

At least the seagulls never have to worry about rent and castle maintainance lol

xoxo

Baino said...

Well you've got the shot tower in Hobart! Closer than anything we've got to a castle (although I live in Castle Hill - go figure!)

Kris said...

Thanks all. I've been busy all week.

I've ticked a few boxes though.