Skip to main content

Knowledge only means complicity in guilt; ignorance has a certain dignity.


These seagulls were photographed down by Bellerive beach, right next to the local cricket ground.

A man’s home is his CASTLE, they say. I am wondering if that holds for seagulls.

It is pure speculation of course, but I believe that these seagulls’ CASTLE is the magnificent Bellerive Oval, home of the lacklustre insipid mighty Tasmanian Tigers cricket team!

It’s Theme Thursday you see, and we are talking CASTLEs.

Unfortunately, we have a severe shortage of CASTLEs, knights, princesses and all that rigmarole here in Tasmania, and even the illustrious Bellerive Oval - home of the 2006–07 Pura CupSheffield Shield winners [and now with added floodlights] - is about as impenetrable as Madonna’s knickers [zing!].

Thus, you get another photo of some seagulls, some nonsense about cricket and a lamereally funny joke at Madonna's expense.

I call that a win-win.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
ever enlightening and well worth the chuckle...seagulls leave behind a lot of stuff...
Skip Simpson said…
The "castle of the seagulls" is the beautiful, wide open sky. Nice TT Post!
JeffScape said…
Seagull Castle, eh? I'd imagine that would be rather large... and ladened with seagull droppings!

Love the photography, as always.
MaR said…
Love your take on the theme and the picture!!
Here is my castle...!
Anonymous said…
They have been desperately poor so far this season. Not even first innings points!

Nice birds.
Ronda Laveen said…
Madonna's Knickers? Is that another Tasmanian cricket team? Oh, holey days.
Roddy said…
Have you tried the lovely new castle on the highway at Latrobe? Looks a bit spiffy from a distance.
Dot-Com said…
If there is a shortage of castles, you better get to the beach and start building! I know those castles disappear every night in the sea, but better than no castles, right?
e said…
I loved your take here. Happy TT to you.
Wings1295 said…
Never know what to expect when I come here.

:)
The seagulls on the utility pole emulate the castle theme quite nicely!
Betsy Brock said…
I thought Ohio was like Tasmania....castle-less...but someone actually posted about a castle here in Ohio today! I've lived her for decades and never knew! ha!

Seagulls are lovely no matter where they live!
At least the seagulls never have to worry about rent and castle maintainance lol

xoxo
Baino said…
Well you've got the shot tower in Hobart! Closer than anything we've got to a castle (although I live in Castle Hill - go figure!)
Kris McCracken said…
Thanks all. I've been busy all week.

I've ticked a few boxes though.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost inside an adorable illusion and I cannot hide, I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside, we could've made it cruising, yeah.

Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...

Hold me now, oh hold me now, until this hour has gone around. And I'm gone on the rising tide, to face Van Dieman's Land

Theme Thursday again, and this one is rather easy. I am Tasmanian, you see, and aside from being all around general geniuses - as I have amply described previously - we are also very familiar with the concept of WATER. Tasmania is the ONLY island state of an ISLAND continent. That means, we're surrounded by WATER. That should help explain why I take so many photographs of water . Tasmania was for a long time the place where the British (an island race terrified of water) sent their poor people most vile and horrid criminals. The sort of folk who would face the stark choice of a death sentence , or transportation to the other end of the world. Their catalogue of crimes is horrifying : stealing bread assault stealing gentlemen's handkerchiefs drunken assault being poor affray ladies being overly friendly with gentlemen for money hitting people having a drink and a laugh public drunkenness being Irish Fenian terrorist activities being Catholic religious subversion. ...

Happy anniversary baby, got you on my mind

No it is not a webcam, but this photograph was taken a mere forty-five ago on my way in to work. Here you can see a good old fashioned Hobart autumn morning, with the rain pelting down and me getting drenched. This one was taken on the corner of Macquarie and Elizabeth, while I was waiting for the lights to change. Come on Ampelmännchen ! Today is my wedding anniversary, an apparently I need to be showering Jen with leather -related goodies. Va-va-vaVOOM! To you Jennifer, here is a poem I wrote this very morning. Anniversary I love you i love you iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE you I love YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou I LOVE YOU iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou Happy anniversary