Friday, January 01, 2010

Glory is largely a theatrical concept. There is no striving for glory without a vivid awareness of an audience.


These fish have undoubtedly seen better days. The orange fellow in particular seems surprised at his predicament. Henry and I took this snap at the fish mongers at Mures Lower Deck.

There is a cruel beauty in the fact that I live in a place that has the world's greatest seafood, and I'm not much of a fan of fish. That said, a nice bit of squid, octopus and the odd John Dorey, and I'll be right!

5 comments:

VE said...

Sometimes I feel exactly like that orange fish...

Well, my blog roll starts anew tomorrow. I'd be honored if you participate again in 2010. Leave a comment and you're on the blog roll! Thanks for visiting and commenting in 2009.

Roddy said...

Hound dog eyes. Not bad for a cod.

Kris said...

VE, hoorah!

Kris said...

Roddy, he's angry here.

Roddy said...

Looks a bit stunned and amazed to me. For a cold water fish he looks amazed that he ended up frozen.