Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shed no tear! O shed no tear! The flower will bloom another year.


Yesterday we were looking down, today we're looking up! Here is the sky as seen mid-afternoon on Clifton Beach. Like most Rorschach designs, I'm never very sure what these clouds are supposed to look like, so I shall go with my default answer that generally involves something sexual.

"Two lovers in embrace."

There you go. Diagnose that Hermann!

Time for a top five. Yesterday, Henry managed to sweet talk the good folk on the Steenholdt's Organic Produce stall [the tastiest apple and pear producers in the known universe] out of a good eight or nine small Crofton apples, which prompts today's Top Five Apples That I Like To Eat!
5: the little seen Catshead;

4: the Pink Lady;

3: the Ginger Gold;

2: the Jonathon; and, of course,

1: the beloved Granny Smith!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Absolutely stunning pic!

I have just picked up some fruit today for the coming week and alas...no apples! Just grapes, nectarines, watermelon and bananas (my fave).

Your EG Tour Guide said...

WOW! The clouds are beautiful! Mmmm. Apples! Henry has excellent taste.

uncertainhorizon said...

Words are at a loss...

me said...

A most excellent list - although give me a nice crisp Sundowner any day.

Kris said...

Sue, I like the sky.

Kris said...

YEGTG, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

If your aim is good enough.

Kris said...

UH, never!

Kris said...

Me, I tend towards the sour.