Thursday, March 25, 2010

There is no error so monstrous that it fails to find defenders among the ablest men.


There really is never enough time in the day. As the time stamp on this post will attest, time is something in short supply of late!

Yes, yes... Theme Thursday again, and as I walk into walk I can't help but think the sun glinting off the [no doubt solid gold] cross atop St George's Anglican Church [did you know that churches have websites now?] in Battery Point is a SIGN from upon high.

Just what that SIGN signifies, I'm not sure. I suspect that it involves time, or a donkey, or maybe some kind of immaculate conception. One thing that I do know however, is that I don't know.

Not knowing is a kind of knowing.

Perhaps that's the SIGN.

Or significance.

I'll get my coat...

7 comments:

Roddy said...

It looks silver from where I'm sitting.
Not knowing can be a sign of not really caring.
Unless you are deeply religious then I don't think it really matters.
Bring on eternity. Heaven or Hell, as purgatory is here and now.

Megan said...

I know for sure I don't know. At least I know SOMETHING for sure.

anthonynorth said...

Some signs are very subjective, aren't they?

Brian Miller said...

saw a church sign yesterday that said "LIVE DONKEY AT EASTER!" and i just laughed...

Betsy said...

A donkey would be for Palm Sunday, right? haha.

Nanc Twop said...

sign or no,
its looks like a very
interesting church

;-)

Kris said...

Thanks all. Last week was quiet!