Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.


Some weeks ago, Henry, Ezra, Jen and I all set out on a jaunt down the river estuary in the World Famous Hobart Yellow Water Taxi (you've no doubt heard of it). They picked us up just by our door, took us for a bit of a spin - including under the Tasman Bridge - and dropped us off right in town.


Here are some shot Henry took as we made our way under the Bridge. We had a good day for it weather wise, and the lads took their first foray into earning their sea legs! Antarctica next.


Crossing the bridge this morning - on a bus, overcast and grey - I was struck with three thoughts:
  • Poetic prose as a genre is not really my cup of tea.

  • The current Tasmanian election campaign is the least interesting and inspiring since 1996.

  • I think that I'm burnt out.

  • I'm wondering whether the three are related?

    6 comments:

    Magpie said...

    Well..maybe the first and third, but I doubt your burnout has anything to do with the election. Maybe your perception of it though. I hate burnout...take a rest.

    Roddy said...

    They live in your head, so are possibly related.
    Find a new direction, if possible, to counter burnout.
    Water taxi would be the way to go.
    A little too expensive though.

    yamini said...

    I like the subtle impressions within these photographs.

    KL said...

    Your house must be at a fantastic location if that taxi can come to your door to pick you all up! Wanna a exchange your house with ours :-)?

    me said...

    Someone said to me the other day of the current election campaign:

    "They didn't want to know us for the past 3 years, and suddenly they've turned into used-car salesman".

    The quality of this current crop is pretty underwhelming...

    Kris said...

    Me, the incentives for being a pollie are few and far between!

    All else, thanks!