Wednesday, May 19, 2010
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
The last of the cruise ships in Hobart, April, 2010.
Here is part two of the meme...
11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop?
I'm not sure that I ever have. I've enough junk of my own, let alone picking up others'...
12. Where were you on September 11, 2001?
I was in bed with my future wife. We spent a large part of that year in bed, come to think of it. I'm not sure I was all that aware of events until the next day.
13. What's your favourite tree?
I am quite partial to the good old Araucaria heterophylla.
14. What's the most interesting biography you've read?
If This is a Man and also The Truce by Primo Levi is an excellent two part autobiographical tale.
15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food?
It's been a while. I like a nice special fried rice. If I can switch to Korean I love the Kimchi Fried Rice.
16. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
Costume? I seem to draw attention every time that I wear a suit. Does that count?
17. What's your least favourite word?
A long list. At the moment I hate the word 'interface' when peeople mean 'meeting'.
18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
I'm confused. We only have six states. I'd call myself "Van Diemen'...
19. Who's your favourite bear?
The confused little one from deepest, darkest Peru with a taste for elevenses.
20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation.
Henry, the loudest little boy in the world.