Thursday, May 20, 2010

It is not length of life, but depth of life.


Last Friday, Henry, Jen, Ezra and I all climbed up Mount Wellington to check out the snow. There wasn't a lot, but it was cold enough to have preserved a small amount from the previous day's fall.


What was more interesting was the view from high up in the clouds. From down below, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Except for a small amount lingering at the summit of Mount Wellington.

This was our mission.

An ascent into the clouds!



I've more photos (of course), so stay tuned...

16 comments:

Roddy said...

I'm going nowhere! I'm waiting for more from the land at the top of the clouds.
I like the effect.

tony said...

Jeez! I Feel Dizzy!

Magpie said...

The pictures are wonderful and amazing...above the clouds.

mirage2g said...

hi kris! how are the boys? henry seemd he grew lots! haven't check for a really lont time and that's what i missed....seeing them grow up

JGH said...

That view is specatacular! The photos almost make me feel like I'm there...

uncertainhorizon said...

so beautiful... i love these shots.

Kris said...

Roddy, they are coming.

Kris said...

Tony, it is too cold up there for vertigo.

Kris said...

Magpie, it is a nice spot.

Kris said...

Mirage2g, we're still plodding along! They get a post every day, so no shortage of pics to see.

Kris said...

JGH, I actually have some better ones to come.

Kris said...

UH, it's hard to take a bad photo with such a view!

Crazyasa said...

I like these photos. I'm a big fan of mountain climbing. What a thrilling site it is from the top. Thanks for stopping by my crazy blog. It's an honor to know someone from Tazmania.

Kris said...

Crazyasa, this is the best kind of mountain climbing: in a car!

K. Harrington said...

Great quote and photos!

Kris said...

K, thanks!