Tuesday, July 27, 2010

History is mostly guessing; the rest is prejudice.


Hinsby Beach, looking to the south-east. Taroona, May 2010.

If I could, I would locate any workspace I would be required to be at each day right on a beach. I am not too fussed which beach, just some beach somewhere, preferably protected from the elements by a well-placed bluff. That and a view off into a vast expanse of ocean with all the glories that sea and sky can conjure up through the day.

A small, but well ventilated, glass box set upon a windswept coastline would be a vast improvement on a cubicle, strip fluorescent lighting and the now closed venation blinds that constitutes my vista these days.

That’s my dream. What’s yours?

5 comments:

me said...

I think it might be hard to top your beach-office combination. Perhaps a beach without excess quantities of seaweed?

Julie said...

I have just got myself a grand-daughter so I dream of reality.

Magpie said...

My dreams depend on the day.
Yours sounds lovely....I'm afraid I wouldn't get a lot of work done, though in your glass box by the sea.

Roddy said...

I believe that I have the best of most worlds as my office/work site embraces the ocean each and every day. It can become mundane though. The one advantage is that it is ever changing. Also having the ocean as a vista from the balcony when at home.

Kris said...

Less LOUD women too...