Sunday, July 04, 2010

The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.


Burst water mains can be annoying. May 2010.

Thankfully, we only went without water for a few hours. Henry did have to have a Pommy wash though, which upset him no end.

Time for today's Sunday Top Five, where I am listing my Current Top Five Favourite Podcasts! That's right, since children I now no longer watch TV, I listen to podcasts. In particular, I listen to these podcasts.


  • Tell 'em Steve-Dave

  • Highlight? #18, where Walt explains his theory about midgets seducing paedophiles for the public good.

  • Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

  • Highlight? #27-#30, a four part special - Ghosts of the Ost Front - exploring the German invasion of the Soviet Union, and Soviet response.

  • It's Up For Grabs Now!

  • Highlight? 21/12/2009, where Alan abuses the Hull bench to the delight of the crowd.

  • NPR All Songs Considered

  • Highlight? 10/2/2010 Breakup Songs. For the record, I don't mind Split Enz's I Hope I Never...

  • BBC From Our Own Correspondent

  • Highlight? Hard to pick one, but I have enjoyed Dominic Hughes's stories from around the Baltic examining the impact of the economic crisis.