Friday, August 27, 2010

[T]he owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk



Waiting for the second bus of the day. Elizabeth Street looking north, Hobart, August 2010.

This is the spot in town where I wait for the bus to head up to New Town and work. You’ll note the spire of what I think is the “First Church of Christ Scientist Hobart‎” (and I thought that he was a carpenter). This melds nicely with the fact that when taking this photograph, I’m standing outside of what I presume is the “First Church of Keno and Poker Machines Hobart”, which is located right by the “First Church of Getting on the Piss and Falling Over Hobart”. It’s a good thing that I share a building with Alcohol and other Drug Services Hobart Tasmania.

2 comments:

Magpie said...

A neighborhood to meet all your needs. Have a great weekend! :)

Kris said...

Magpie, indeed!