Friday, August 20, 2010

The secret to happiness is to face the fact that the world is horrible.


Carruthers at dawn. St Johns Park, New Town. August 2010.

Here is the building where I now work. A slightly different architectural style than the previous one. The best thing about working in this building is in the fact that you don't have to look at this building.

Last Friday a burst water main meant that we lost all water coming into the building. Not too serious for a bunch of pen-pushing keyboard-stroking bureaucrats on the top floor, but less pleasant for the renal ward downstairs...

5 comments:

Pasadena Adjacent said...

Don't you wish you had brought the piano along?

Roddy said...

The courtyard is different isn't it!

me said...

It does seem like a personality-free building. Could be worse, though - you could work in a shoe or on a Vogon cruise-ship.

Sue said...

My goodness...I would close my eyes as soon as that building came into sight! It's hideous!

Kris said...

I'm on the fourth floor. The Nephrology unit is one the third, the Alcohol and Drug Service on the second and the Withdrawal Unit on the ground.

I was told that some time ago, some kind of toxic fluid was dripping from floor three onto the photocopier on floor two.