Thursday, September 09, 2010

The biggest problem is not to let people accept new ideas, but to let them forget the old ones.


The lonely sponge. Seven Mile Beach, September, 2010.

Theme Thursday again, and seemingly without REASON I have chosen the above photograph, taken on our visit on a wet and windy day last Sunday, to get out of the house and avoid killing each other commemorate Father’s Day.

I say that I post without REASON, but as is the case each Theme Thursday, I can manufacture a REASON no trouble.

You see, all (or at least, one of the things) REASON is “a statement presented in justification or explanation of a belief or action.” It can also refer to “Logic, or a premise of an argument.”

Thus my REASON – as in justification or logic – is that age old adage: because.

Because on Theme Thursday I need to post something.

Because for some REASON unbeknownst to me I have appeared to have locked myself into the twice-a-day (three times on Tuesday) cycle that obsessive compulsive disorder prevents me from breaking.

Therefore, you get a sponge on a beach from the south of Tasmania. You don’t need any more REASON than that.

13 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds reasonable ...

Lesley said...

some reasons are "sponge-worthy"!

Kris said...

Julie, I thought so.

Lesley, I would hope that I was "sponge worthy".

Everyday Goddess said...

an excellent reason!

heh heh, sponge worthy. i miss elaine.

Brian Miller said...

and here i thought we were talking about sponge bathes...

happy tt!

Roy said...

Hmmmm... Julie beat me to the only reasonable comment to your post.

Roddy said...

That sounds reasonable. Irrational but reasonable.
Do you think the sponge knows that it is there?

Gabriela Abalo said...

great pic!!

a good reason to post it ;)

Prayer Girl said...

Love this picture. It reminds me of many moments in my life on deserted beaches just like this.

PG

Francisca said...

It really was an unREASONable prompt, wasn't it. But your photo needs no reason, it's super. :-)

Kris said...

Hi all, thanks for the kind comments. I didn't need too much of a reason to post this photo. I do like it.

Jaime said...

there is no better reason than "because"

Kris said...

Jaime, that's what I was thinking!