A farewell to Summer. Opossum Bay, February 2010.
Above is a 'farewell to summer shot' that I took earlier this year. I am anxiously and eagerly awaiting the 'welcome of summer shot'.
Things That Annoy Me #3,432,237
Number 3,432,237 on the list of things that annoy me is people who carp on about how terrible everybody apart from they themselves is concerning the protection of the environment. Generally, the target of most bile in his regard tend to be a) “the government”, and b), “the lower classes”.
People that exemplify annoyance #3,432,237 typically choose to
- drive their car everywhere, print out every e-mail they receive;
- switch on every light in the building and leave them on upon leaving;
- buy pre-packaged meals each day;
- purchase new and innovative gizmos and gadgets (that they cannot use) before quickly discarding them for even newer and more innovative gizmos and gadgets;
- assuage all potential guilt for their wanton and reckless consumption by scrawling a 1 next to the name of a particular political party once every three years.
Often, but not always, their culpability in contributing to the World’s ills is also avoided (it seems) by sporadically ruing the death of whales and dolphins coupled with a vaguely ‘yellow peril-esque’ tirade against the Japanese.