Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A hallucination is a fact, not an error; what is erroneous is a judgement based upon it.


Carruthers looms in the mist. St Johns Park, New Town. August 2010.

Mornings like the one depicted above do nothing for one’s enthusiasm from work. That said, dazzling sunshine with birds merrily singing, children gaily bounding, and Hungarian washer-women happily whistling snippets of Bartók doesn’t exactly fill me with zeal to get inside under [far too many] fluorescent lights and sit down in front of a computer either.

I need that glass box. By the beach.

With an urn.

And a fridge.

And fruit.

Pineapple.

And grapefruit.

And an early minute.

6 comments:

Roddy said...

Get a job like your dad! You will get your hands dirty, but alas you will still work most of your time under fluorescent lights. The occasional stint in the open air seems to make it worth while though.
You will have to sever all ties with your family (for lengthy periods of time). But the time spent at home can be rewarding.

me said...

It's a horrible, lurking sort of thing, isn't it?

Kris said...

Roddy, I've just shifted jobs and recieved what amounts to a 35% pay rise, I'm not looking to change again real soon.

Me, it reminds me of the Hotel in The Shining...

Roddy said...

Like you my son, this was entirely flippant. You have chosen your destiny. Right or wrong. I tried your line of work forty five years ago. It didn't work for me. Your future however points toward your working in an office. All I can do is wish you luck.
Unfortunately we encounter many disappointment in life.

Kris said...

You worked in drug and alcohol policy?

Roddy said...

No! I worked in an office, but I did imbibe quite enthusiastically in alcohol.
I guess I became quite the expert.