Thursday, October 21, 2010

Making itself intelligible is suicide for philosophy.


Up close and personal with a suspected Thynnus zonatus. Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Hobart, October 2010.

Theme Thursday you say? Do you still do posts on Hobart Show Day?

What can my theme today be? Let me spin the WHEEL...

INEXORABLE

Very appropriate. One easily conjures up the INEXORABLE march of con artists, charlatans, flim-flam men, swindlers, fakes and fraudsters.

The show? Add it to my list!


Vespula germanica or Thynnus zonatus, YOU decide. Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Hobart, October 2010.

11 comments:

Julie said...

You blog is looking more like the Telegraph rather than the Guardian, the Herald-Sun rather than the Age ... are you going soft?

Miles McClagan said...

Hobart Show no

Burnie Show - yes please!

Sandy said...

Fantastic photos!

Free Softwers Download with Fullversion keys said...

Nice Images thanks for share.
Bollywood Gossips

Kris said...

Julie, I've aimed for a Berliner format (slightly taller and marginally wider than the tabloid/compact format; but narrower and shorter than the broadsheet format).

Miles, the last time I went to the Burnie show was during the Bicentennial year (they never gave me no medal). A cow shit on me.

Sandy, cheers!

FSDwFK, your birth certificate must be in landscape!

Miles McClagan said...

You didn't get a medal? I got a medal...

Dunno where it is now...should be more careful...

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

I love your high-quality photos. Great!

JeffScape said...

I'm kinda digging the new layout.

Meri said...

Such clarity in the images!

Kris said...

Miles, perhaps I didn’t deserve it?

MDP, thanks!

Jeff, it seems to be doing funny things in some versions of IE. I might tweak it on the weekend.

Meri, we got lucky!

Roddy said...

I am going for Thynnus zonatus. Not enough colour for the European wasp.
Doesn't seem big enough either.