Yes it is Theme Thusday again, and today we are talking GLASS . I've three possible hooks to hang my [glass] hat on with this theme. First, the photo! Yes, it is the river again from an odd angle in an interesting light. You can just make out the bottom, which should tell you that I'm right on the shore. In some ways, the distortion of the stones below the surface reminds me of ye olde glass windows, what they call "cylinder blown sheet glass". You can still find some of this around Hobart these days. Thw second link comes from a trip I took to Venice a few years back. You're probably aware that Venice was (is?) a glass-making centre of excellence. If you have ever been there and taken the tour of the glass factories, you might be familiar with the sheer amount of coloured glass that sits at the bottom of the water there. These fragments of glass have been worn down and had their edges dulled by their time in the water, which makes them ample keepsakes for the ...
Comments
* cats
* orangutans
* comfy shoes
* oranges
* rainforest plants
* my wife
That's about it.
Things I like, in order: Your mum. Your brother. You. Jennifer. Henry. Ezra. And most importantly ME!
Really, I like most things, until they disappoint me.
wilderness
strawberries
falafel
starry sky on the ocean
olives
wind
shorts
and: my husband and my two boys
and something more ...
Roddy, you like Ezra less than everyone else?
Carola, there are some good things on that list! I’m wearing shorts right now, and drawing plenty of odd looks. Apparently public servants are supposed to wear pants at work. It’s 30°C!
How would you like being the middle child of triplets?
Irrespective of order I love all my family equally. If you haven't figured that out by now then you have a problem.
What does Henry want for Christmas? Ezra is sorted.