Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Obscenity is whatever happens to shock some elderly and ignorant magistrate.


Things are looking up at the Theatre Royal. Campbell Street, Hobart. November 2010.

Lists and numbers, numbers and lists.

Off the top of my head, here is a four by four [4 X 4]:

Four Movies I Could Watch Again and Again:
  • The Thin Red Line

  • Flying High (US title: Airplane)

  • The Outlaw Josey Wales

  • Finding Nemo


Four Authors I Enjoy:
  • Ernest Hemingway

  • Heinrich Böll

  • Pat Barker

  • Andrey Kurkov


Four Places I Have Travelled To:
  • London

  • Berlin

  • Prague

  • Stanley


Four of My Favourite Foods:
  • Pizza

  • Gulyás

  • Hot chips

  • Cheese!

5 comments:

Roddy said...

The only 4x4 I have is the car I drive.

me said...

When you've been to Stanley, there isn't a lot left in the world to see!

Carola said...

You know I like lists, but 4 is a hard decision:

Here my 4 (x2)

Four Authors I Enjoy:
Cees Nooteboom
Sten Nadolny
Paul Theroux
Günter Grass

Four Places I Have Travelled To:
Manaus
Townsville
Beijing
Vancouver

Julie said...

Here is my 4 (/2)

Pollies in speedos:
Tone
Ted

Pollies never in speedos:
Joolia
Anna

Pollies in lycra:
Tone
KK

What have YOUR pollies done??!

Kris said...

Roddy, Jen has one now.

Me, absolutely!

Carola, Cees Nooteboom is like Calvino to me. Just can't get into it...

Julie, I saw the Premier today. He was eating lunch.