Tuesday, November 09, 2010

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.


Trunk of a gum at the High School. Geilston Bay, October 2010.

On my way in to work this morning I spied the banner advertising the local rag – The Mockery Mercury – shouting:
GET YOUR IQ TESTED
Card in today’s MERCURY

Alas, far be it from me to spoil your fun, but the local paper for local people is playing a cruel trick on you. Surely the results of the aforementioned IQ test is simple, if you purchase that renowned journal of language mutilation:
FAIL!

3 comments:

Roddy said...

You know, your mother wanted me to go upmarket and give up the spud pickers gazette and start reading the muckery. I still read the spud gazette. Have I done the right thing?

Kris said...

The Aggravate is a far better paper than The Mockery.

Roddy said...

I feel relieved. Thank you.