Sunday, January 23, 2011

Knowledge of human nature is the beginning and end of political education.


Up close and personal. Some kind of flower, Tasman Peninsula, January 2011.

I’ve been getting right into the face on numerous flowers of late (as I’m sure you’ve noticed). Initially I was chasing the elusive bumblebee, but in time I came to recognise the sheer amount of interest that can be found in a simple flower. Which leads me to today’s Sunday Top Five: Flowers Wot I Like!



Now it’s your turn: what do you like, who have I missed?

6 comments:

Roddy said...

Yes indeed, some kind of flower.
Can a tree be classed as a flower? I too am attracted to the Blue Gum, as also to most of the Eucalypt family.
I have many favourites but alas am not all that familiar with their names.The Rose family are my all time favourite. All roses large and small. Grevilleas of all types. Although your mum doesn't like the birds they attract. Irises, Baronia, Azaleas.
Yes, the love of gardening.

Kris said...

It is the Tasmanian floral emblem.

Roddy said...

Yes, I know. But does it flower?

Roddy said...

Thank you my son. I have answered my own question. The Blue Gum does flower. You have an abundance of Blue Gum's opposite in the school yard. These are the gum nuts that Henry and Ezra collect for their fishing expeditions.

Roddy said...

I'm going to hazard a guess on the plant. Would it be an Agapanthus that has either just finished flowering or is just about to come into flower?

Kris said...

No, it was far too small for that.