Sunday, February 13, 2011

If you'd take your head home and boil it for a turnip it might be useful. I can't say. But it might.


Heavy cloud cover in the east. St Johns Park, New Town. February 2011.

Like the clouds hanging wearily over this tired old land, my year(s)-long commitment to drafting a Sunday Top Five looms over my head like the sword of Damocles.

What can I catalogue today? What unspoken five might possibly emerge from the gloom?

To fit the temper of the times, how about I share with you My Top Five Favourite Shades Of Blue?


  • Cobalt blue


  • Cornflower blue


  • Prussian blue


  • Azure


  • Duke blue



So go on then, what shade is your favourite?

7 comments:

me said...

What, no Periwinkle Blue or Navy?

Shame, shame.

diane b said...

Cobalt skies are uplifting and cornflower blue is easy to wear.

Roddy said...

Cobalt Blue. It is the colour of my grandchildrens eyes.

Helen said...

Duck egg blue, all the way baby.

Carola said...

Good idea!

I love the deep blue from International Klein Blue. When the ocean has this color, you are fare out.
For a light blue Carolina Blue is great.

Kris said...

Me, Periwinkle Blue is too violet for my tastes and Duke Blue trumps Navy for mine...

Diane b, too true!

Roddy, not any more.

Helen, heavy on the green.

Carola, International Klein is a good one. I like Cornflower blue more than the Carolina because it has a little less green.

Roddy said...

Don't tell me they have turned green.