Henry’s idea of an ideal hors d'œuvre is a stuffed vol-au-vent. At home, Geilston Bay. February 2011.
Henry made the tasty treat that you can see above all by himself, proving that at four, he’s already a better cook that 43 percent of the population. All of these
Indeed, there was barely time for photographs…
Which brings me to today’s all important Sunday Top Five, The Top Five Tasty Treat Desserts That Have Some Level Of Effectiveness In Getting My Two Very Loud Sons To Just Sit Down, Be Quiet And Stuff Their Mouths!
- Custard: plain and simple, fraise et crème anglaise is a favourite of all in the household!
- Semolina Pudding: heavy on the cream and raisons, semolina sans salmonella is a huge hit.
- Golden syrup dumplings: although initially treated with some trepidation, this humble ocker treatie is now a firm fixture on the winter menu.
- Ice Cream: I scream. You scream. Yes, we ALL scream for ice cream. With sprinkles and optional chocolate frog.
[…drum roll please…]
- Good ol’ fashioned Berries! Would you believe it? You can forget your highfalutin fancy dan processed showponies, stick a punnet of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries or raspberries in front of these two and watch them positively inhale them.