Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You don't change the course of history by turning the faces of portraits to the wall.


It’s blue. It’s cold. It’s very, very big. Calverts Beach looking south to Antarctica. February 2011.

When I look out over this kind of vista, I tend to reflect on the sheer magnitude of the ocean; the vast and varied life that can be found within; the size and power of all that shifting water; our very fundamental insignificance in contrast to the enormity of the depths.

Or I think about boobs.

One of the two.

6 comments:

clarabelle said...

*gasps* oh I love this picture. The ocean is just the nost amazing character, in all of our lives if we let it! Go you! x

Who Is Afraid of Alfred Hitchcock? said...

Hi! Kris...
What happen? While reading your post I thought to myself...Wow! Kris, is very reflective today and then a "pie" right in the..."kisser!"

I agree with every word you said, that is right up to a certain point!
What a beautiful photograph and a very interesting quote.
DeeDee ;-D

Roddy said...

Very "tit"illating.
I too spend an inordinate amount of time contemplating the magnitude of the ocean. You have to remember, I am at the mercy of the seas every day when at work.

Steffe said...

I get the same feeling looking at this photo,the ocean is too big to comprehend.

Carola said...

Great!

What a superb photo.

Amazing writing. OOps!

The Ocean is incredible huge. A real wilderness, out there. Words can't tell.

Kris said...

Well, you don't want to get too po-faced and serious...