Monday, May 30, 2011

I never have taken a picture I've intended. They're always better or worse.


Doctor Doctor, help me, I'm seeing stripes! Melbourne Zoo, April 2011.

I like zebras.

They look good. They make cute noises. They trot about like show ponies. They have impressive backsides and powerful thighs. There are worse-smelling animals in the world.

Yes, if I can swing it, I think that we'll be aiming to get Ezra a zebra for a pet next birth.


Zebras keeping an eye out for marauding giraffes. Melbourne Zoo, April 2011.

Well, a zebra and a penguin.

4 comments:

Roddy said...

Where are you going to keep the penguin?

Tom said...

zebras kill more zookeepers than any other animal.

i read that somewhere.

Kris said...

Roddy, he can sleep in Henry’s room.

Tom, I can see that. People are no doubt very VERY careful around crocodiles, tigers or bears; and relax a bit more when they get to the zebras.

Then they strike!

Roddy said...

I hope Henry can handle fish breath.