Saturday, May 28, 2011

A touch of cold in the Autumn night


All the little flowers. St Johns Park, New Town. April 2011.

Just one week in this job left to go. Then I get one week’s break and I get to start a whole new adventure again.

Whoopee…

Autumn, by T. E. Hulme

A touch of cold in the Autumn night—
I walked abroad,
And saw the ruddy moon lean over a hedge
Like a red-faced farmer.
I did not stop to speak, but nodded,
And round about were the wistful stars
With white faces like town children.

3 comments:

Who Is Afraid Of Miss Lovett? No, Mrs.Lovett... said...

Kris said,"Just one week in this job left to go. Then I get one week’s break and I get to start a whole new adventure again.
Whoopee…"


Okay, Kris, tell us how you really feel...I agree with you, new adventures and challenges are always exciting.

Kris, the photograph Of the flowers are beautiful.
I also enlarged the photo(graph) in order to get a closer look-see and after viewing the photograph...

...I truly appreciate your "in-focus" and "out-Of-focus" photo-taking.

Thanks, for sharing the poetry too!
DeeDee ;-D

Roddy said...

Your dear daddy is in the market for a new job as well. Something in the area of 170k.
I wish you luck in your endeavour to attain a position equal to your qualifications. And expectations.

Kris said...

DeeDee, it was a jaded and cynical 'yippee'. Although the new job does have its interesting points, it is something of a step down when it comes to salary. Tight times!

Roddy, somewhat more than I than…