Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Every people have gods to suit their circumstances.


Shutter speed slowed right down, with a twirl. Elizabeth Street Pier, June 2011.

City lights. Street lights. Road signs. Cars cars cars. I rarely get the chance to muck about with the camera, but like to have a fiddle every now and then.

I like to imagine that this one is really some kind of intergalactic speedway featuring all manner of Martians, Venusians, Mercurians, Uranuses and heaven knows who else ripped to the gills on membrosia and overtaken by a lust for competition.

As always, it would end in tears and no little bloodshed.

13 comments:

Rae Walter said...

I love this post. So arty!

Kris said...

Thanks!

sixmats said...

I like the colors. Was it handheld? What caused the lights to bubble like that?

Kris said...

It was indeed handheld, and I assume that the bubble effect has something to do with the fact that down at the bottom of the picture were a row of stationary car headlights. I really just opened up the shutter and did a smooth spin.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hello from Perth Kris, thanks for the visit. especially since it gave me an opportunity to check out your images. So good, thoroughly enjoyed, love this last post, so much fun can be had with a bit of playing around, I am certainly not adverse to making an image more about art, you still have to have the base to work with.

Kris said...

It's always fun having a muck about whenever you get the chance.

magiceye said...

love your imagination!!

magiceye said...

love your imagination!!

Kris said...

It's being sorely tested these days!

Roddy said...

No imagination? You're not dead, are you?
I wouldn't be game to play like this. I'm likely to break something.

VP said...

A refreshing and sparkling image!

Carola said...

I like this shot. Great play with the light and the movement.
It shows again how varied your blog is.
I have to think about this quote.

Kris said...

VP and Carola, thanks!