Thursday, July 14, 2011

I had the story, bit by bit, from various people, and, as generally happens in such cases, each time it was a different story.


I think I smell a Gruffalo. Lune River, Hastings Caves State Reserve. June 2011.

I thought, “What a jolly good idea!” and have thus done so.

  • Healthy and happy kids.


  • A bit of peace and quiet.


  • Fiscal security.


  • Thinking time.


  • A way forward.


  • Temperate climes.


  • Good books.


  • A good night’s sleep.


Who put that there? Lune River, Hastings Caves State Reserve. June 2011.
I’m not sure what that says about me. My wishes seem very level headed.


Hmmmm.

4 comments:

EG Wow said...

Some stories are best told a little differently every time. :)

smudgeon said...

They certainly are of the more moedrate variety - not a lot of "a magic theremin that shits gold" or "self-removing trousers" in there.

Actually, apart from the first wish, I would probably have a similar list. Except I'd replace "temperate climes" with "somewhere a tad warmer in winter".

Kris said...

EG Wow, it's the only way!

Smudgeon, it's always best to keep one's expectations low and thus avoid disappointment. I call it the 'DHHS effect'.

Kris said...

Can you believe it, I'm a SQUARE!