Monday, July 11, 2011

The only way not to think about money is to have a great deal of it.


The question at hand. Russell Street, Sandy Bay. July 2011.

Can a heart still break once its [sic] stopped beatin...


Now, I'm no cardiac surgeon, but if a heart has stopped beating there is a mighty good chance that it already is broken!

This reminds me of one of my favourite heartbreak songs that I thought I'd share with you, the Mountain Goats' paean to the dissolution of a marriage, No Children. What I really like most about this one is the almost joyful intensity of the vocal in the celebration of bitterness.

As a sucker for a decent lyric, I reckon that this one is a beauty. I mean really
I am drowning
There is no sign of land
You are coming down with me
Hand in unlovable hand
And I hope you die
I hope we both die

That's truth and beauty there.

3 comments:

Roddy said...

I guess you can. Just put it on ice until it is nice and solid and then shatter it with something hard. Bingo! Broken heart.

Kris said...

Ouch.

Roddy said...

Not if you are dead!