Skip to main content

Evolution is what it is. The upper classes have always died out; it's one of the most charming things about them.


Mount Wellington with snow. Geilston Bay. July 2011.

Fifteen stolen questions to get me started this week...

1. What has been your longest love relationship?

Ten years, and counting.

2. What was the last gift that you received?

Two fry-pans and a knife.

3. What do you spend your extra cash on?

This does not compute...

4. If you could live anywhere would you live?

On a bloody great big boat, with all mod cons and easy access to moorings the world over.

5. Who's your cell provider?

Huh? I've never been to prison.

6. What's your favorite mall store?

Mall? As in 'Pall Mall'? I like New Zealand Natural.

7. What's the longest job that you've had? (No parenting does not count!)

For an unbroken period in the exact same role? Not very long, I suppose. The correct answer is "Policy, Research and Communications Manager" at the Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Council for (approximately) one year and three months.

8. If you won the lottery, who'd you call first?

The lottery people, to confirm how on Earth I managed to win the lottery given that I've never bought a ticket in my life.

9. If you won, how would you spend your money after investments?

After securing a solid income base that does not require working out of home, I'd set to working organising a year long tour of the globe!

10. When was the last time you went to church (or a religious house)?

Crikey, that's a hard one. Maybe it was St. Sebaldus Church in Nürnberg, which would make it December 2003.

11. What's the biggest lie that you've heard?

"I promise..."

12. When you go out with your friends, where do you go?

HAH!

13. When was the last time that you cried?

August 3 2010, while on the Glenorchy Express via New Town.

14. What food do you hate?

Peanuts. To be fair, I hate anything that is out to kill me.

15. What do you like best about yourself?

A full head of hair and a good dose of ennui!


Panorama of Geilston Bay, as seen from the punt. Geilston Bay, July 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to be loved, be lovable.

Henry admires the view.

Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. A passion that goeth before a sprawl.

Here I have tried my hand at the homemade sepia-toned photo. I wasn’t happy with the way that the sun had washed out some of the colours in the original, so had a bit of a fiddle because I like the look on Henry’s face, and didn’t want to pass on posting it. I have a tip for those of you burdened with the great, unceasing weight of parenthood. I have a new recipe, in the vein of the quick microwaved chocolate cake . Get this, microwaved potato chips . I gave them a run on Sunday, Henry liked the so much I did it again last night. Tonight, I shall be experimenting with sweet potato. I think that the ground is open for me to exploit opportunities in the swede, turnip, carrot and maybe even explore in the area of pumpkins. Radical, I know. I’m a boundary-pusher by nature. It's pretty simple, take the potato. Slice it thinly (it doesn't have to be too thin, but thin enough). Lay the slices on the microwave plate, whack a bit of salt over the top and nuke the buggers for five minut

Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it...

I still have the robot on the job. Here you can see the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery . And here is a poem: Soliloquy for One Dead Bruce Dawe Ah, no, Joe, you never knew the whole of it, the whistling which is only the wind in the chimney's smoking belly, the footsteps on the muddy path that are always somebody else's. I think of your limbs down there, softly becoming mineral, the life of grasses, and the old love of you thrusts the tears up into my eyes, with the family aware and looking everywhere else. Sometimes when summer is over the land, when the heat quickens the deaf timbers, and birds are thick in the plumbs again, my heart sickens, Joe, calling for the water of your voice and the gone agony of your nearness. I try hard to forget, saying: If God wills, it must be so, because of His goodness, because- but the grasshopper memory leaps in the long thicket, knowing no ease. Ah, Joe, you never knew the whole of it... I like Bruce Dawe. He just my be my favourite Austral