Sunday, October 16, 2011

How can sincerity be a condition of friendship? A taste for truth at any cost is a passion which spares nothing.


S-Express? Near ANZAC Park, Lindisfarne. October 2011.

Today's Sunday Top Five is another for the etymologists out there. Today I am thinking about My Top Five Words Beginning With The Letter 'S' This Sunday!

  • Succulent, as in "My wife's thighs are indeed succulent."

  • Scurrilous, as in "You sir must die for the scurrilous filth you have been peddling about my wife!"

  • Sempiternal, as in "Yes, my love for her is sempiternal."

  • Skullduggery, as in "She may disrobe in front of the window, but that does not justify this kind of skullduggery!"

  • Supercilious, as in "Alas sir, that kind of supercilious display may impress other women, but it will not with my wife."
  • 2 comments:

    Roddy said...

    Who has tampered with the manhole?

    Kris said...

    A man?