Tuesday, October 25, 2011
In diving to the bottom of pleasure we bring up more gravel than pearls.
Everywhere I look, seagulls! Geilston Bay, October 2011.
Another day, another Q and A! Today this is the Questions Galore Meme, Part 2...
21. What was the last song you listened to that wasn’t sung in English?
If Laura Branigan's Ti Amo doesn't count, probably the '80s Soviet beat combo Кино ('Kino') doing Группа крови (Blood Type).
22. Do you let meme authors know when you hate their memes?
No. Why? I just wouldn't do it.
23. What TV show would you like to be on?
Something that pays well for very little.
24. What was the last video game you played?
Madden NFL 2011 on the PSP.
25. Have you ever been in a musical? If yes, do tell.
Alas, I have nothing to tell.
26. Do you follow your own style or everyone else’s?
I have my own indomitable style.
27. What’s the last store you bought from?
28. In retrospect, have you ever let a person use you a lot?
That has never been a trait of mine. Unless you count children. If you do, all the time.
29. What are you doing two days from now?
I am attending the AGM of the organisation I work for.
30. Did you ever believe there were monsters in your closet?
Gay monsters are people too.
31. When you graduated high school, did you let random people sign your yearbook or just close friends?
I don't even recall taking a year book home. I'm not very sentimental about my school years. By and large, I hated 'em!
32. Would you consider adopting a child that had a mental illness?
No, but in all fairness to the mentally ill, I wouldn't consider adopting a child full stop.
33. Does thinking about death scare you?
No. It depresses me occasionally, but there is no point being scared about something unavoidable.
34. If you died, do you believe that you go to Heaven or Hell and where would your spirit go?
I assume that when I am dead I am dead. That's it. Game over.
35. Who did you last write a snail mail letter to and why?
A resignation letter from the CPSU. I left it because they do not have coverage of my new workplace (and anyway, I had remained my membership of the Australian Services Union).
36. Do you care what people say or think about you?
Rarely. If it is somebody I respect or admire I do.
37. Have you ever been threatened?
All the time. Have you ever worked in the alcohol and other drug space?
38. Which side of your family do you get most of your qualities from?
I like to think that I came up with them myself.
39. What was the last thing with alcohol that you drank?
I had a sip of Jen's beer the other night (a James Squire Porter).
40. Have you ever kept a relationship a secret?