Wednesday, October 12, 2011
One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present.
Self portrait on wet rocks. Blinking Billy Beach, Sandy Bay. September 2011.
Another day, another Q and A! Today this is the Questions Galore Meme, Part 1...
1. Is there someone in your life you know you’d be better off without?
I generally don’t keep those people around. I’m not what one might call ‘a soft touch’.
2. Do you get criticised because of your body?
Not that I hear of. The most critical would be myself.
3. Did you kiss the last person you called?
Called? On the telephone? No I didn’t. I’m not sure that business contacts would appreciate that sort of thing. I could ask him...
4. When was the last time you danced?
Monday afternoon. Henry and I danced to Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture. Lots of spinning.
5. Do you keep in mind other people’s feelings?
Of course. That said, I am a little more uncompromising than many.
6. If you have a hang nail, do you pull it or clip it?
7. Who do you want to forget?
8. Who was the last person to send you a letter?
Kevin ‘Big Kev’ Harkins. I suspect that I was not the only one...
9. Who did you last tell to shut up?
There is a fair chance that it was one of Henry or Ezra.
10. What’s the last thing that you smelt that smelt bad?
Something that involved poo.
11. What’s your favourite cereal?
All Bran is nice, if you add some fruit and yogurt. I am enjoying the new Golden Crumble Weet Bix Bites, but they are mighty sweet! Porridge is also an old favourite.
12. How do you feel when people lead you on, but they don’t even like you?
Puzzled. To be fair, I'm not familiar with the scenario.
13. Could you live without sunlight?
Absolutely not. The lack of photosynthesis for the planet would be a problem. Moreover, if the vitamin D deficiency didn’t get me, the seasonal affective disorder would!
14. What’s something you know is bad, but you want to do it anyway?
Hot chips. That’s the extent of my debauchery these days.
15. What was the last thing you lied about?
Someone asked me how they looked and I said “fine”. They most certainly didn’t look “fine” but I considered “like a bag lady” inappropriate for a professional setting.
16. Do you regret anything you’ve done in the past week?
Yes. Losing my temper when I was tired, feeling poorly and cranky.
17. What was the last movie you bought?
Bought? Christ almighty, that’s going back ten years or so. I think that it was Apocalypse Now Redux.
18. What is a sport you would like to do?
19. When was the last time you felt like crying?
I dunno. Last week? I’m not very good at it though.
20. Have you ever wanted to kill someone (not that you actually do it)?
Absolutely. The feeling passes.