Tuesday, November 22, 2011
The difficulty is to try and teach the multitude that something can be true and untrue at the same time.
I shall try not too. Elizabeth Street Pier, Sullivan's Cove. November 2011.
It's Tuesday right? That means another Q and A stolen from Sunday Stealing. This week, The Madness Meme, Part 2 [the madness continues].
23. Do you ever walk around the house naked?
All the time. It’s my house!
24. If you were an animal what would you be? Why?
Erm... I’m pretty sure that I am an animal. Humans can get mighty uppity sometimes about their position in the food chain. If the question was intended to be “If you were a different kind of animal what would you be? Why?”, I guess that I’d say Great White Shark. Why? I dunno. Cruising around. Easting stuff. Sounds cool.
25. Hair colour you like on someone you’re dating?
These things are always going on about ‘dating’. I don’t even know what that means! Is it a euphemism for ‘rooting’? Anyway, I like brown hair on girls.
26. If suffering an injury, would you rather be left blind or deaf?
I really rather not suffer the injury, but if you have a hot poker and simply must jab me; make me deaf, I could do with some peace and quiet.
27. Do you have any special talents?
I was going to say, “annoying my wife”, but that isn’t at all special, because I have two sons who are equally as good at it. Ummm... I think that I am quite good at arguing. I have an annoying (sense a pattern) capacity to zero in on a particular weakness in logic and hammer and bash away at it until the whole superstructure falls down (or the other person dissolves into tears).
28. What do you do as soon as you walk in the house?
Take off my shoes. Empty my pockets. Take off my watch. Sigh.
29. Do you like horror or comedy?
Comic horror? I like a bit of both.
30. Are you missing anyone?
I’m always missing somebody.
31. Where do you want to live when you are old?
Somewhere by the sea.
32. Who is the person you can count on the most?
33. If you could date any celebrity past or present, who would it be?
Again with the dating! Are we talking ‘dating’ in the euphemistic sense (see question 25)? If so, you’d have to go for some real goer like Catherine the Great or something. If you’re talking about ‘dating’ as in “go out for a meal” or something, I dunno, Germaine Greer. I like a challenge...
34. What did you dream last night?
Something sexy. It involved dating. Dating all over the shop. Nonstop dating!
35. What is your favourite sport to watch?
On TV or in person? I’ve not had a lot of time for watching sport in the last five years. I’m looking forward to Henry starting Auskick or little athletics.
36. Are you named after anyone?
Not that I know of.
37. What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
I like a nice cider. Tasmania has a lot of nice ciders.
38. Non-alcoholic drink?
Water is good.
39. Have you ever been in love?
I still am!
40. Do you sing in the shower?
Of course. I like to substitute the words of popular songs with my own. It is very amusing.
41. Have you ever been arrested?
Indeed I have.
42. What is your favourite Holiday?
Well, we don’t get the day off for International Women’s Day, so I can’t say that. I like any holiday that has a chance of sunshine and a trip to the beach. How about Regatta Day?
43. Would you ever get plastic surgery?
If I needed it, yeah. Now, if you’re talking purely ‘cosmetic surgery’, not a chance.
44. Have you ever caught a fish?
Why yes, yes I have.