Holding up the world. Pylon in Napoleon Street, Battery Point. November 2011.
Tiwesdæg! That means another Q and A stolen from Sunday Stealing. This week, The Bud is Back Meme!
1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
To track the progress of young Henry and allow his relatives elsewhere to see how he was getting on.
2. Why did you choose your blog's name? What does it mean?
"This will hurt me more than it will hurt you..." he says as he stands over you with the strap in hand.
3. Do you ever had another blog?
No I don't.
4. What do you do online when you're not on your blog?
5. How about when you're not on the computer?
Read. Take photos. Cook. Sleep. Tell off children. Go to the beach. Mow the lawn. The usual things.
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
Anything that I tell 'em. I am an open book!
7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere?
The My Little Pony transgender furry kitten meme people.
8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout?
Clean space to showcase the photo. Some text down the side. Nice and subtle colour.
9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog.
One of the five or six photos of me in existence.
10. Pick three random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them.
11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn't currently?
A steady income stream enabling me to concentrate more energy on sleeping.
12. What do you consider the 10 most "telling" interests that we would infer from what you blog persona?
In no particular order: taking photos; Henry; going to the beach; Ezra; surfing the 'net; walking; wisecracking; reading; answering questions; and, blogging.
13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they?
... Drawing a blank here.
14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make. Beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans?
I don’t know. There are clearly some lurkers about. Perhaps if those lurkers make themselves known in the comments, I’ll be able to answer the question!
15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination?
I’m not really an obsessive type, to be frank. I’m currently thinking about the way and shape that I might set up the new computer I may or may not receive from Satan Claws this Christmas.
16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about?
There are things to do with work that I am happy about, but would probably bore the tears out of people if I posted about them (unless there is a latent desire to hear about practical HR activities in the mental health industry).
17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face?
None, that I know of. Tasmania is somewhat out of the way you know.
18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy?
I generally try to avoid talking about work. You can get into trouble doing that.
19. What's a question that you'd love to answer?
I wouldn’t want to waste such a good question to stick it in the middle of this. If pushed: “Are you ashamed of yourself?”
20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it?
I am wondering what happened to the large contingent of Indian ladies who took a shine to Henry and Ezra in 2008/ 2009.
21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!”